Friday March 2 2018 10:00 am - Sunday March 4 2018 5:00 pm
Be part of the inaugural exciting, rip-roaring, sensational Rhyll Wooden Boat Festival to celebrate the 150 years of Island settlement.
Having the first boat building industry in Victoria, Rhyll is the perfect place to showcase the maritime history of bygone times and have quite a bit of fun doing it!
More information at : http://www.rwbf.com.au/
What's the plan?
- Opening night dinner, highlighted by high seas talks and stories
– Historic and Classic Wooden Boats on show both on water and land
– A visit by Tall Ships
– A colourful Sail Past parade with boats dressed in their finery
– Yacht racing events
- Live music playing around the sea shore
– Classic Car Display
– Remarkable Model Boat Display
– A boat building event by students
– Maritime art exhibition by Phillip Island artists
– A junior art competition
– Superb Photographic Gallery displaying Rhyll’s Maritime History
– Food Stalls, restaurants and local delicacies
– Street Market with Art and Craft stalls
– Demonstrations of Splicing, net making and Knot tying throughout the day
– Fun for the whole family with Kids activities such as face painting, tug of war, pirate treasure hunt, Games, Boat Races with lots of prizes….and loads more