Terms & Conditions
Phillip Island Holiday Apartments
Terms & Conditions for stays at 130 At The Waves, 240 At The Waves, and 507 At The Waves
1a. All guests are required to provide a copy of Government issued photo ID such as a valid passport or Drivers Licence. Guests are also required to provide valid credit card details, in the unlikely event that damage is caused to the property, any expenses will be charged to the credit card provided - see further details below in point in 1b.
1b. Where it is necessary to charge for breakages, damages, or excessive cleaning, a 10% surcharge will be applied to the cost of goods replaced, to cover associated labour and admin costs. For example, if you put a hole in the wall and it costs $300 to be repaired (plastered and painted), you will be charged $330.00 plus associated credit card surcharges. Associated credit card surcharge of 1.5% applies. This makes the $330 now =$334.95.
2. If the house rules are not adhered to during your stay, including, but not limited to the signs within the apartment, and the apartment is left in an unreasonable state, you will be charged $50 per hour plus gst (10%) for additional cleaning plus associated credit card surcharges. To put this into context, it usually takes 2 people 3 hours to clean; this equals 6 hours of cleaning. If four people take 2 hours to clean each, this is 8 hours of cleaning, and you will be charged for the additional 2 hours of cleaning as follows 2 hours x $50 = $100 PLUS 10% PLUS additional credit card surcharges. Photographs that are date and time stamped are taken both prior to and after your stay to support any disputes where we have charged you for excessive cleaning. We reserve the right to share these images with OTAs, law enforcement when applicable, and in some cases, social media.
3. If you stain our linen (towels, sheets, pillowcases) due to make up, fake tan or hair-dye, your credit card will be charged the replacement costs. Make up removal towelettes will be provided - please use them.
4. Bedding configuration cannot be changed/modified. Please review the bedding configuration for the property you have booked. If you are uncertain about your apartments bedding configuration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification. We do not provide cots or fold up beds.
5. Breakages happen – if you break a piece of glassware or crockery, please let us know before you leave (email, call or text us), so we can ensure the breakage is replaced before our next guests check-in.
6. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as damage or equipment failure that would impede your stay in the original property you booked, we reserve the right to relocate you to another apartment within The Waves complex that is exclusively operated as a part of Phillip Island Holiday Apartments.
7. The apartment will not be serviced daily for the duration of your stay, unless your stay exceeds eight days. In this instance, a mid-stay service will be scheduled.
8. Strictly no smoking in the apartment. At all.
9. Strictly no parties. At all.
10. Upon your departure (by 10 am please), the living room balcony doors, bedroom balcony door, & front wooden door must be locked to ensure the apartment is 100% secure. If you are negligent with the security of our apartment, and do not secure the property as outlined, and
there is an unauthorised entry (unforced break-in), you will be held financially responsible for any and all damages that occur.
11. Please be careful not to lock yourself out. It may take up to two hours for us to arrange a replacement key. In the event that you do lock yourself out, a $100 call out fee will be charged to cover the costs associated with arranging a key to get you back into the apartment. In the event the key is lost, a $500 charge will be applied to your credit card to cover the cost of a locksmith call out, lock change and key replacement.
12. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the property.
13. The maximum number of guests (including children) permitted to occupy the property is included in the property description. Overcrowding and extra guests are not permitted. Evidence of overcrowding and extra guests will result in the booking being terminated. All monies will be forfeited as a result, and any costs incurred as a result of the misuse of the property will be payable by you or charged against the credit card provided.
14. Cancellations for bookings over peak periods (all school holidays, Easter, Christmas, Public Holidays, Long Weekends, Phillip Island events such as Moto GP) are refunded only when the property is fully re-let for the same period (all dates need to be covered by a new booking at the same or greater accommodation rate), when less than 12 weeks’ notice is provided. In the event of a cancellation/refund in this situation, a $60 admin fee will apply.
Cancellations for bookings outside the above times are refunded only when the cancellation is made at least 15 days prior to your arrival date. All cancellations must be in writing. No refund of any unused portion of a confirmed booking will be made for early departures or non-arrivals. Booking fees are non-refundable.
14b. COVID/Lockdown Cancellations: Please visit our COVID-19 page for information relating to cancellations, transfers and refunds when bookings are impacted by a Government enforced Lockdown due to COVID-19
15. Phillip Island Holiday Apartments accepts no responsibility for guest’s personal property left in, on or near the property. Doors should be secured at all times. You will be responsible for all postage costs associated with returning items left at the property.
16. Occupation or use of the property, which in Phillip Island Holiday Apartments opinion, causes a nuisance or annoyance to neighbouring or adjoining occupiers or properties, will be terminated immediately, and all monies forfeited. Any costs incurred following misuse or damage to the property will be payable by you or charged to your credit card tendered with your booking. Excessive noise and public disturbances will not be tolerated.
17. You are responsible for any damage caused to the property or the loss of or damage to any items provided at the property, including, but not limited to floors and floor coverings, furniture and fittings, kitchen utensils, crockery, cutlery and glassware, bedding & linen, electrical goods (TV, Lamps, etc), and you must pay to Phillip Island Holiday Apartments the full cost of replacement or repair of any such lost or damaged items. Any damage/s caused by you or your actions will be deducted from the credit card provided with your booking.
18. Any renovations or building work being carried out near the property is beyond our control, and we do not accept any responsibility for any disturbance, noise or other inconvenience you may experience as a result. No discount will be provided in these unlikely and unforeseen circumstances.
19. The operation of any internet connection during your stay is not guaranteed and may be disrupted or unavailable. Phillip Island Holiday Apartments is not liable for any disruption or failure of the internet connection.
20. To utilise the Netflix App and any other available streaming service apps provided on the Smart TV (in applicable apartment/s), guests must sign into their own personal Netflix/streaming service account to view content on the streaming service. We recommend all guests ensure they sign out of any personal streming service accounts (Netflix, Stan, Binge, Disney+ etc) prior to departure.
21. Promotional codes are not valid with any other discount, and have no cash value.
22. We reserve the right to withdraw from offer any advertised offer/deal or discount without notice.
23. Check out times are to be adhered to. Late check outs are only possible where a prior arrangement has been made directly with us. You will be charged in quarter hour blocks at the rate of $15 per quarter hour (or part thereof) if you choose to ignore the check out times. Note: Check in and out times are advertised on our listings, and are also provided to all guests in an email with check in information.
24. Taking it upon yourself to check in early just because you have received the access code will result in an additional charge of $100; associated credit card surcharges of 1.5% apply.
25. Aggressive and unruly behaviour will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to terminate your booking, and remove you from the property in instances where you are being aggressive and unruly, and/or causing a disturbance to other guests. Police will be called to address any anti-social behaviour. In this instance, no monies will be refunded if it is necessary to remove you from the property.
26. Any information or terms and conditions contained in holiday brochures or websites are subject to change without notice, and to the extent of any inconsistency, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Last Updated: Feb 16 2021/DP